Fun and exercise are not usually words that are placed in the same sentence. We often associate getting in shape with something we dread. Even though roller skating requires movement, it couldn’t be a great way to exercise, could it? Actually, it is! Here, at South Skate Center, we encourage physical fitness and health, but we like to do it in the most enjoyable way possible!
So, roller skating is a form of exercise, but just how good for you is it? Roller skating is recommended by the American Heart Association as an aerobic activity on par with jogging.
- Even at a slower pace, when you roller skate at a steady pace, it can and will improve your cardio vascular health!
- If you are looking to shed some calories, there is no funner way to do it! Roller skating can burn up to 600 calories in one hour!
- If you come to the skating rink on a regular basis, chances are, you are giving your muscles tremendous exercise! From your legs to your core, skating will make you strong!
- Your endurance will greatly improve when you skate on a regular basis. And the more times you skate, the longer you’ll be able to do it each session!
- The health benefits extend beyond just physical. Roller skating is a wonderful way to blow off some steam and destress after a long week of work or school.