On schedule, every January First, we decide to eat healthier, travel more, get in shape, lose weight, and many other life decisions. Also on schedule come February and March, running and lifting weight becomes boring. Well, that is where we come in. Believe it or not, roller skating is a great exercise for your body and for your soul.
There are plenty of health benefits from roller skating, but here are our top ten.
- Roller skating burns calories. On average, you burn about 250 calories while skating for 30 minutes.
- Build muscle definition from roller skating.
- Improves your balance.
- Will improve your heart health.
- Will help combat Diabetes.
- Strength building benefits from roller skating- get more body power.
- Go harder for longer. Increases endurance.
- Helps against injuries. Roller skating is much easier on the joints than running/jogging because there is not as many jerky movements.
- Roller skating makes you happy (Endorphins).
- Helps cut down on stress.
If you have never tried roller skating as a form of fitness, we have our healthy lifestyle skating nights. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights during the school year we sponsor various elementary schools throughout OKC district. Admission is discounted to $3.00 and $1.00 of each admission is given back to the school. Contact us to find out what school is being sponsored on what night. So bring your kids or your friends and come try it out.
If your New Year’s resolutions included trying something new, getting healthier, getting in shape or just having more fun, come down to SW Skate this 2019!