It’s that time of year again! The Back to School sales are popping up everywhere and parents and children alike are scrambling to gather supplies and prepare for the first day back. The summer is quickly drawing to a close and soon the routine of the school year will be in place. Often times after kids come home from a long day of school, they can gravitate to things like television and video games. But there is a solution… Go roller skating! Grabbing some rink time is a perfect alternative to video games and binge watching television. Here’s is why you should make South Skate, located in Oklahoma, City, Oklahoma, your next after school destination!
Reasons Roller Skating is a Great After School Activity
- It’s Fun – Though most don’t think of exercise as being fun, roller skating is the perfect mix of both!
- Affordable – You might be thinking “This all sounds great so far, but isn’t it expensive?” No! Going to the rink is a very affordable and fun outing. This enjoyable evening out won’t break the bank!
- Great Exercise – Instead of being sedentary on the couch, let’s get up and get active! Roller skating is recommended by the American Heart Association as a great aerobic activity.
- Social – Roller skating is a great way for your child to see current friends and make new ones! If you have made a recent move, hitting the rink might be a great way for your child to meet new friends!
- Better Brain for School – Studies have shown that regular exercise is a great way to boost the brain’s cognitive function. Regular roller skating could lead to better school performance!