Some people like one, and some people like the other, but neither are better. Quad skates and inlineskates are just two different experiences that depend on what you are looking for! Both skates operate in a similar manner and the basics are the same, but there are subtle things that make each skate their own. No matter your preference, Southwestern Skate, in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, welcomes all skates on our rink floors! If you are having trouble deciding which one is right for you, check out the major differences below and enjoy!
- The quad skate is typically the one used in the rink.
- Need a little more stability? This is the skate for you! The way the 4 wheels are situated on the skate makes for a wider grip on the ground.
- Is cruising your thing? Quad skate are not built for the speed that an inline skate is. So if jamming around the rink is what your after, then look no further than quad skates.
- If your ankles need a little more support during physical activity, the quad may not offer what you need.
- If you feel the need for speed, inline skates might be what you need! Inline skate are used in speed competitions because of their more stream-line design.
- If you are the kind of person who needs to feel the sun on your face, inline skates are better suited for outdoor fun. they are great for roller hockey and skating on a bumpier surface.
- Need support for your ankles? Inline skates are made of plastic that comes up higher on your leg than a quad skate does.
- While inline skates are easy to get the hang of if you practice enough, they do tend to be a little less stable than a quad skate. If stability is something you need, inlines might not be for you.
If you are in the market for a new pair of skates be sure to visit our Proshop and we will get you set up with a pair!